Oroville, Calif.-- Firefighters responded to reports of a single home structure fire near D street and Columbia Avenue just after 6:30 Monday morning.
When they arrived the home was fully engulfed. El Medio Battalion Chief David Hhilson told Action News Now that they received reports of two people being inside the home when the fire started.
They were able to locate one of them, and after searching the home, were not able to locate the second and believe she escaped from another exit.
"The female came out of there and said something about looking for the other female and all of a sudden I looked over and the whole back of that house was just in flames. It was like a bedroom or something. It made popping noises. So I called 911 and all these people came out and they were fast on it," said Tony Talk, a witness to the fire.
Firefighters said at one point there was another structure threatened, but with the help of Cal Fire, they were able to save that home. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to knock down the fire.
The cause for this fire remains under investigation.
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Bangor home destroyed in Saturday morning fire
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville
- 30-Acre Fire Burns Near Oroville Homes
- Chico Fire investigating fire that destroyed several trailer homes
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home