Chico, Calif.-- We're on Fire Weather Watch today, with high pressure building into the Great Basin, creating Northeasterly winds lowering humidity into the weekend.
The little bit of rainfall earlier this month was not enough to keep these winds and heat from drying vegetation out to below normal.
We have an actual Fire Weather Watch Warning going into effect Sunday into Monday.
High pressure building over our region today, with highs reaching about 5 degrees above normal.
Warming continues Saturday with high temps rising another 2 to 4 degrees.
High pressure builds through Oregon into the Great Basin this weekend, as with that we'll see breezy winds continue Saturday, mainly from around Chico northward becoming more widespread Saturday night through Sunday night.
The strongest winds look to be on Sunday into Sunday night in the northern and western portions of the Sacramento Valley the eastern foothills and the Sierra.
We'll stay breezy into Monday, with temperatures staying slightly above normal.
That upper level ridge isn't going anywhere early next week, so expect dry conditions and daytime highs 3-7 degrees above seasonal normals.
We'll stay windy and at times pretty gust out of the Northeast into Thursday.
Across the valley, highs are in the 80s, and 60s to 70s over the foothills & mountains.
- Fire Weather Watch Ahead This Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fire Weather Watch ahead for Northern California
- Monday Forecast & Fire Weather Watch
- Sunny & warmer weather ahead for your weekend!
- Warmer weather is ahead for your weekend
- Dry & warmer weather ahead for your weekend
- Rain, cool weather ahead for the weekend
- Nice & warm weekend ahead
- Warm, Dry Weekend Ahead
- Shasta County weather watch