The Fire Recovery meeting is today, Thursday Night, Nov 30 at the Heritage Estates Clubhouse 3210 Heritage Rd Oroville, 95966, at 7 PM.
The goal is to continue to network resources, identify needs, find solutions to issues, and continue to move forward.
Topics and speakers include;
1) Kate Wilkin, University of California Cooperative Extension
Kate can review trees on your property to help evaluate tree health, she will announce upcoming Fire Recovery Workshops, and she is seeking landowners that will allow her to collect soil samples.
2) California Hope: Crisis Counseling Program becoming available - meet the team!
3) Debris clean up updates and next steps.
LaPorte, CherokeeFire: Right of Entry Form deadline is December 1, 2017 - it's not too late to get assistance with debris clean up. Highly recommended to utilize the service being offered.
WallFire, PonderosaFire: Anyone still has an ash pile on their property can get a FREE 20'x100 roll of industrial plastic to cover the pile and minimize debris getting into watershed.
4) Vicki Orsillo, The Father's House, will share what resources they have to offer and she is bringing a U-Haul of new items donated by Bed Bath and Beyond and Costco. Items include; pillows, bedding, exterior lighting, summer pool stuff, and movies. She will be at the Clubhouse by 6:30 PM.
Come hungry! Fabulous meal provided by Lakeside Market.
Bring flashlights - Any questions call Brenda at 530-370-5302
This is sponsored by the Butte County, California, Yankee Hill Fire Safe Council & Lakeside Market & Gas
- Fire Recovery meeting in Oroville
- Oroville Camp Fire Community Meetings
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- Yankee Hill Fire Safe Council Holds Recovery Meeting
- Business Recovery After Carr Fire
- Oroville City Council Meeting moved
- FEMA Opens Recovery Center
- Compassion Fatigue During Recovery
- Oroville Holds Public Meetings About Cannabis Ordinance
- Oroville City Council Holds Special Meeting