Redding, Calif.--The California Highway Patrol shut down the southbound exit from Interstate-5 to Highway 44 for nearly two hours while fire crews worked to extinguish a vegetation fire.
It happened at around 6:45 Monday evening.
A fire engine on the way to the structure fire actually spotted the vegetation fire and pulled over to put it out. The fire was contained at about two acres.
Firefighters were able to quickly put it out despite being shorthanded while crews battled a structure fire at the same time off Highway 273 and Veda Street.
No word yet on what may have caused either of the two fires.
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Vegetation fire threatening structure in Trinity County
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Fire crews respond to Biggs structure fire
- Crews contain vegetation fire in Chico
- Orland fire crews extinguish vegetation fire off of I-5
- Fire crews responding to vegetation fire in Oroville
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- Table Mountain Blvd vegetation fire