BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Academy Award Winning Filmmaker and Actor Ron Howard is working on a documentary in Butte County on the Camp Fire.
Howard has been meeting with Paradise Firefighters, School Officials, Teachers and Students.
He also dined at Unwined and enjoyed some of the "Resilience" beer brewed by Sierra Nevada Brewery in Chico, to benefit Camp Fire recovery.
Paradise Schools Superintendent Michelle John described her visit with Howard as "fabulous," and said there were both light-hearted moments and serious moments.
Howard told Paradise Post Managing Editor Rick Silva that his mother-in-law used to live in Paradise and that he has relatives in Redding.
He also said his vision is to follow what happens in the coming year and that the documentary would be released after that.
Howard is tentatively calling it "Believe in Paradise."
- Filmmaker Ron Howard to Make Camp Fire Documentary
- Filmmaker Ron Howard back in town
- Shasta County growing destination for TV and filmmakers
- A documentary about the Camp Fire recovery efforts was premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Paradise High School graduate to host premiere of Camp Fire documentary in Chico
- Residents Watch Long Lost Shasta Dam Documentary
- 'Alexx Finding Home' documentary debuts in Chico
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Camp Fire: School Closures