The holiday season rolled into Redding, Saturday, as firefighters escorted Santa to the Shasta Mall.
It’s part of the annual event called "Fill the Boot" where firefighters raise money for muscular life-threatening diseases by asking people to donate a little money and help fill their boots with donations.
A tradition they've kept up for nearly 60 years.
"Its my first time and I’m going to do it every year guaranteed. It’s actually really enjoyable seeing all the people. Enjoying the nice warm sun in November,” said Nick Spanheimer.
Officials with the Muscular Dystrophy Association say the money raised goes to drug research for the 43 different types of dystrophy.
And within the last five years, the funds have helped create five new drugs to help these diseases.
And if you missed the firefighters at Shasta Mall you can always donate online.
- Fill the boot event comes to the Shasta Mall
- CAL FIRE ‘Fill the Boot’ in Magalia
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Expected to Fill Quickly
- New plans for Redding's Mt. Shasta Mall don't include Sears
- Shasta County Elder Abuse Prevention Month Events
- We Back the Blue Event in Shasta County
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Columbus statue to be booted from Silicon Valley city hall
- Shasta County weather watch