UPDATE - The Skyway is now completely open, it reopened after 5 p.m., according to the CHP.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.- A truck carrying fertilizer spray has crashed on Tuesday at the eastbound lanes of the Skyway near “Lookout Point,” according to initial reports from the California Highway Patrol.
According to CHP, arriving officers found a truck carrying fertilizer spray in between two guardrails at about 3:14 p.m.
Traffic on the Skyway was affected and authorities diverted incoming traffic.
The crash allegedly began around 3 p.m. and caused a 5-inch hole that is apparently 2 feet long and 1 feet wide.
This is a developing story check back for updates for when the eastbound lanes of Skyway are back open.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- Skyway Reopens After Fatal Crash
- CHP stop dump trucks for reckless driving
- UPDATE: Rollover crash on Skyway leads to one mans death
- 2 car crash leaves 1 dead near Skyway
- 1 dead after car crashes over edge of Skyway
- Railroad work affects traffic between Redding, Chico
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise
- CHP responding to crash in Gridley
- CHP investigating deadly crash near Gerber