SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - One of the three suspects in a 25-year-old cold case murder in Shingletown pleaded not guilty in Shasta County Superior Court on Friday.
Forty-six-year-old Shanna Culver pleaded not guilty to murdering 19-year-old Frank McAlister.
McAlister’s body was found in 1994 near Grace and Nora Lakes but was reported missing in May 1993.
Another suspect, Brian Hawkins confessed to the crime in January, and Shanna’s brother Curtis allegedly stabbed McAlister to death.
Culver will appear in court again on June 25.
- Female Suspect in 1993 Shingletown Slaying Pleads Not Guilty
- Shingletown man confesses to 1993 Shasta County murder
- A killer who couldn't live with the guilt, admits to Shingletown murder in 1993
- Suspect Mugshots in 1993 Cold Case Confession
- Dead woman found in Shingletown identified
- Shingletown man accused of stabbing father
- Shingletown Man Charged With Girlfriend's Murder
- 1993 cold case murder suspects back in court.
- Jury to decide mental competency in Shingletown murder case
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call