PARADISE, Calif. - Feather River Health Center on the Skyway is now back in service. The facility took its first patient at 7:30 am on Thursday morning.
It's the first major building in Paradise to reopen.
"I see it as a beacon of hope for the town," said Brad Brown, director of spiritual care at Feather River Health Center.
"Such a positive note. This was my medical facility before the fire," said Becky Richards, a long-time Paradise resident.
Paradise Mayor Jody Jones says this is just the beginning.
"Of the restaurants still standing, owners are cleaning them up. I'm so encouraged," she said.
Safeway also announced its plans to repair its burned out facilities in Paradise. The neighborhood Rite Aide on Clark Road reopens on Friday morning.
"On Saturday, the Paradise ice rink reopens," Jones said. "It's going to be a fabulous week."
These are hopeful words for a town now on the road to recovery, and a newer, stronger, Paradise.
"Keep positive," Richards said."There have been a lot of blessings, a lot of them."
Outpatient care is now available at Feather River Health Center. Staff is working on getting the pharmacy reopened as soon as possible. Anyone with severe medical conditions is asked to go to Enloe Medical center or Oroville hospital.
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Adventist Health Feather River top for pulmonary services
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- Lawmakers consider bill to reopen Feather River Hospital as emergency room
- Tug boats are moving from the Feather River
- Feather River Hospice Light Up A Life is Thursday
- Half a million Steelhead released into Feather River
- Salmon Season Now in Session for Sac, Feather Rivers
- Parks and Recreation, volunteers clean up Feather River