CHICO, Calif -- The Feather River Fish Hatchery ladder is now open.
There is a viewing section at the hatchery where visitors can watch the salmon swim after they've climbed up the ladder.
About 15 million salmon eggs are collected at the hatchery after the salmon spawn.
Action News Now spoke with Anna Kastner, the manager at the hatchery. She explained why this is such a special tradition.
"It's so close, kids can see them, you can get to the window, get close to it and really actually see doing what they do, swimming up the ladder," said Kastner.
The hatchery will host the annual Oroville Salmon Festival on September 22nd. You can find more information here.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- CHP fishes stolen car from Feather River
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Feather River drowning victim identified
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Tug boats are moving from the Feather River
- Feather River Hospice Light Up A Life is Thursday
- Adventist Health Feather River top for pulmonary services
- Half a million Steelhead released into Feather River
- Salmon Season Now in Session for Sac, Feather Rivers