UPDATE 4:02 p.m. Monday, June 3, 2019 - Authorities have released new information about a deadly motorcycle crash that caused closures on Centerville Road Monday.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a man on a Harley Davidson motorcycle was traveling southbound on Centerville Road around 10:55 a.m.
Arnulfo Escajeda, 42, of Chico, was traveling northbound in a Dodge pickup truck pulling a wood chipper trailer.
The motorcycle crashed into the left, front side of the woodchipper trailer.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.
They have not yet released the identity of the victim, but they said he is a 27-year-old Chico man.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A motorcycle collision has left one person dead on Centerville Road.
The crash happened just before 11 a.m. Monday morning.
The collision has prompted a road closure near China Camp Road on Centerville Road.
An investigation is in progress at the scene.
Action News Now will continue to provide information as it becomes available.
- Fatal motorcycle collision on Centerville Road prompts closure
- Downed power lines prompt Redding road closure
- FEMA approves $3.4 million to repair damages to Centerville Road
- 'Pretty Little Liars' threats prompt school closure
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Glenn County Road Closures
- 3 small fires quickly contained near Centerville
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road