UPDATE 7:47 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 - All lanes of Highway 99 are now cleared. Action News Now is working to learn the condition of the person injured, and the identity of the person killed.
UPDATE 6:42 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 - Caltrans says northbound Highway 99 is now under one-way traffic control just north of Highway 162 at Cottonwood Road. There is no estimated time that the highway will be fully cleared.
INITIAL REPORT - Cal Fire is on scene of a deadly crash on Highway 99 near Richvale.
The northbound lane of Highway 99 is closed from Highway 162 to Cottonwood Road. The head-on crash happened at 5:04 a.m. on Sept. 10. One person was air-lifted to Enloe Medical Center. A second person is confirmed killed.
There is no estimated time in which the northbound lane of the highway will reopen. Action News Now is working to learn the latest updates.
This is a developing story. Check back for details.
- One Person Killed in Head-On Crash on HWY 99 Near Richvale
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Yuba City Woman Dies From Fatal Crash on Hwy 99
- GoFundMe page created for the woman who survived hwy 99 head-on crash
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- Debris on Hwy 99 creates dangerous hazard for drivers
- 400-Acre Fire Rips Through Butte County Farmland near Hwy 99
- Richvale resident recovering in hospital after home catches fire