Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE 3:06 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 - The Shasta County Coroner has released the identification of the motorcyclist killed on Highway 299 in Redding.
The motorcyclist, Ulysses Allen Jones, 30, of Hayfork, was killed on Wednesday, according to CHP Officer Jason Morton.
The 81-year-old driver of a mini-van, Neil Babcock, of Redding, was making a left turn onto Lower Springs Road and pulled in front of the motorcyclist.
Morton said that Babcock was not cited, but it was likely a right-of-way violation.
Jones was pronounced dead at the scene.
UPDATE 11:47 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018 - According to California Highway Patrol, the crash happened at around 10:43 a.m. and involved a motorcycle and minivan.
The driver of the motorcycle, described as a male in his 30s, is dead.
The driver of the minivan, described as a male in his 80s, has no injuries.
Traffic is expected to open in the next 30 minutes to an hour. In the meantime, a detour is available through Iron Mountain Road.
REDDING, Calif. - According to the California Highway Patrol, at around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday morning, a fatal crash was reported in Redding.
It's at Highway 299 and Lower Springs Road. Emergency officials are on the scene.
At this time, both directions of Highway 299 are shut down. No word yet on when it will reopen.
An alternate route for eastbound traffic is Iron Mountain Road.
Action News Now has a crew on the scene.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Coroner Identifies Motorcyclist Victim in SR-299 Crash
- Yuba County Coroner Identifies Victims in Highway 70 Crash
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Motorcyclist who died in weekend Redding crash identified
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Fatal Crash Victim in Glenn County Identified
- Victim Identified in Highway 299 Fatal Crash
- Victims Identified in Deadly SR-99 Crash
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash