Redding, Calif.-- Redding Police say just before 5 p.m. a Honda Pilot crashed into a canal off Churn Creek Road and Presidio Street.
The driver was found dead in the driver's seat. The passenger suffered minor injuries and was transported to Mercy Medical Center.
Police say no other vehicles or pedestrians were involved.
It is unknown if drugs or alcohol were contributing factors.
At the time the name is not being released due to the ongoing investigation.
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Investigators release identities from I-5 fatal accident in Redding
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Woman Identified in Fatal Crash in Redding
- UPDATE: DUI driver runs red light causing multi-car accident in Chico
- Family: Dispute spurred fatal car wash shooting
- UPDATE: TRAFFIC ALERT: fatal accident between train and pedestrian
- Person Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Shasta Lake