YUBA CITY, Calif. - Police responded to a collision this morning in the Yuba City area that left one dead.
According to the report, the incident occurred around 7:21 a.m. this morning when Larry Smith, 56, of Live Oak, was stopped at a traffic light going southbound on North Township Road just north of westbound SR-20.
Another driver was traveling westbound on SR-20 approaching Smith's vehicle on North Township Road.
For unknown reason, the driver traveling westbound veered from the westbound lane of SR-20 and collided into the front of Smith's vehicle.
After the driver collided with Smith's vehicle, they accelerated into a light pole on the northwest corner of SR-20 at North Township, where the driver side impacted the light pole.
The driver's vehicle landed in a ditch north of westbound SR-20 with its wheels facing west.
The driver of the vehicle sustained fatal injuries, and has not been identified yet. Smith did not sustain any injuries.
Drugs and alcohol are not suspected in this collision and both parties were wearing seat belts.
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- Pedestrian killed in Yuba County collision
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Yuba City Woman Dies From Fatal Crash on Hwy 99
- Yuba City High School teacher placed on administrative leave
- Two Dead After Fatal Head-On Collision in Rio Oso
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Yuba City Christmas Stroll road closures