Chico, Calif. - It's now been nearly three years since the 2017 crash that killed Brett Silva, beloved teacher and coach at Pleasant Valley High School in Chico. For family, Thursday's guilty plea announcement brought them another step closer to finding closure.
"To get to a point where we can get a little justice out of this, is a good outcome," said Rick Silva, Brett Silva's brother. "We are now at a point where we get to move to another part of the chapter."
Ramon Barrera's sentencing is set for October 18th.
- Family of Chico high school coach killed in car crash reacts to "guilty" plea
- Chico High reacts to Almond Bowl victory
- Car crashes into Chico business
- Former Chico High School teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser
- Judge Denies Guilty Plea in Murder Trial
- Car crash near I-5 kills 1 woman
- 2 killed in stolen car crash
- Family Mourns Man Killed in I-5 Crash
- Chico E-R to honor local high school coach after his death