The Oroville couple facing murder charges faced a judge for the first time Thursday morning.
The families of both Josh sealy and Christy Seim were in the courtroom.
Stephanie Seim said,"We're devastated."
Stephanie is the sister of 27-year-old Christy Seim facing charges for her involvement in the murder that happened on January 4th in south Oroville.
Police say christy and her boyfriend josh sealy went to a home on Fort Wayne Street and shot 32-year-old Julius Ruff who later died from his injuries.
Sealy now behind bars led police on a four day manhunt.
However, regardless of the charges, Stephanie stands by the couple.
"They make it look like he did it on purpose or had any intention of something like that. I don't know what happened that day but I know he would never hurt someone especially someone he's known his whole life," said Stephanie.
As this story spread through the small community of south Oroville, relatives of the accused say they are being retaliated against.
"A lot of life threats towards me because of my sisters involvement. They've thrown s*** at my house," said Seim.
Stephanie says one of the hardest parts about all of this is the impact it has on suspects kids now in foster care.
"I haven't been able to see my nieces and nephews since they took them," said Seim.
In court, Sealy's arraignment was pushed back two weeks, his bail is still set at $2.1 million.
The next time Christy is in court she will enter a plea and her bail remains at $51,000.
The two will be in court February 1st.
- Family of Oroville couple facing murder charges speaks out
- Oroville murder investigation, father speaks out
- Oroville Family Speaks Out After Fatal Hit & Run
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Shasta County couple detained, facing charges of forced labor
- Oroville Mayoral Candidate Speaks About Troubled Past
- Oroville Speaks on Camp Fire Debris Site
- Oroville family escapes house fire
- Woman arrested on murder charges after fatal shooting in Oroville