Update Saturday, Jan. 19, 2018 - Here is the link for the gofundme page to support the widow of Humberto Falcon.
GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - Action News Now heard for the first time from the family of 47-year-old Humberto Falcon who died Thursday night in a hit-and-run on Highway 32.
The incident happened on Highway 32 on County Road P between Orland and Chico around 6 p.m. on Thursday night.
Two of Humberto's sons spoke with Action News Now about their relationship with their father.
"In my eyes, he was just the perfect dad," said Rafael Falcon, one of Humberto Falcon's sons. "We butted heads, but at the end of the day we loved each other we were always there for each other."
His family said that he would always pull over and do what he could if he saw someone needed help.
"My dad was being my dad," said Juan Falcon, one of Humberto Falcon's sons. "He was just trying to do the right thing like he taught me. He would stop what he was doing and try to help out in any way that he could."
California Highway Patrol says they are still looking for the driver they said hit and killed Falcon.
- Family of Good Samaritan Killed in Hit-and-Run Speaks Out
- Good Samaritan Funeral Service
- Missing Butte County family found by Good Samaritan
- Florida couple thankful for good samaritan
- Abandoned puppies saved by Good Samaritan
- Oroville Family Speaks Out After Fatal Hit & Run
- Good Samaritan chases down man with stolen vehicle
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- Good samaritan helps take down suspect in officer assault in Chico
- Redding DUI Hit and Run