CHICO, Calif. - All week long, families can learn about what it takes to be a foster parent.
Family Solutions in Chico is hosting an event for people who don't know much about the foster care system.
Currently, Butte County has roughly 600 children between group homes and foster homes.
Supervising Social Worker Courtney Calkins says sometimes there are not enough homes within the county so they have to go outside of the county which is hard on the child.
Family Solutions helps families find out if they can provide a good home for a child in need.
"If you have extra time and energy in your life, then we'll make sure you satisfy all the requirements that the state and the county put on becoming a foster parent," Calkins said. "But most the time, if you care about kids, kids need you, they need homes."
If you are interested in your options and how foster parenting might work for you, call Family Solutions at (530)893-4245.
- Family Solutions Hosting Event for Foster Families
- Giving the Family Experience
- Adopt a Family
- Glenn County Sheriff's Posse Hosts Equestrian Events
- Foster awareness festival in Chico
- Firefighters Replace Family's American Flag
- Separated Families: Reunification Deadline Passes
- Oroville family escapes house fire
- Senior Life Solutions Offered at Orchard Hospital
- Solutions presented to repair the Miocene Canal