BREAKING NEWS: Chico Police confirm one man shot Full Story

Family Escapes Duplex Fire in Redding

A family escaped a duplex fire in Redding on Sunday afternoon.

Posted: Feb. 4, 2019 12:11 PM

REDDING, Calif. - A family escaped a duplex fire in Redding on Sunday afternoon.

Investigators say a pet may have knocked over a candle, starting the fire on Bechelli Lane. 

One person suffered smoke inhalation, but otherwise, everyone in the home escaped unharmed.

However, due to the damage on the home, they can not return until repairs are made.

"Given the fire damage to the building and the disconnection to utilities, this place is going to be uninhabitable until it's repaired," said Craig Wittner, fire marshal for the Redding Fire Department. "Red Cross has been contacted to assist those misplaced occupants." 

Firefighters say a lot of house fires start this time of year because of candles, fireplaces, wood burning stoves and heaters.

Article Comments

66° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 66°
66° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 66°
66° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 66°
51° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 51°
Red Bluff
Broken Clouds
73° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 73°
66° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 66°
Cooler and maybe wetter on Saturday
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events