Shasta Lake City Calif.—Wednesday March 28th around 9:30 a.m. SHASCOM dispatch received a call reporting someone with a gun on the campus of Mountain Lakes High School.
The caller was a family member of the alleged suspect, identified as 18 year old Jacob Ahern.
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office was familiar with Ahern after he was reported as a suspect in a theft of a handgun from a family member on Tuesday March 27th.
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office patrol units arrived on scene and Mountain Lakes High School was placed on lockdown status.
Within three minutes of the call deputies were on scene and made contact with school officials.
It was learned that Ahern was not on campus and had not been enrolled for an extended period of time.
As a precautionary measure deputies tactically cleared the campus and the lockdown status was lifted.
A follow up investigation was conducted in attempted to locate Ahern or the handgun.
During the investigation Ahern learned the police were searching for him, and he returned the home where he stole the handgun from.
He had the handgun with him and he returned it to the family member.
Ahern was arrested for the theft of the gun.
Based on the information gathered in the investigation Ahern was not at Mountain Lakes High School with the handgun, or had any intention to commit acts of violence on the campus.
- False Reports of Man with Gun puts School on Lockdown
- UPDATE: Man Wielding Knife puts School on Lockdown
- Standoff with Assault Suspect puts School on Short Lockdown
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Report of Man With Gun Forces Lockdown of Redding Elementary School
- Two Chico Schools Put on Lockdown After Report of Shots Fired in Area
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- Lockdown Lifted at Turtle Bay School After Report of Possible Gunman Nearby