LOS ANGELES (AP) - The FX channel says it's ordered a scripted dance musical series starring Evan Peters, Kate Mara and James Van Der Beek.
FX said Wednesday that the series, titled "Pose," will include what it called an unprecedented number of LGBTQ and transgender actors in ongoing roles.
The channel says the show is set in New York City in the 1980s, amid the "luxury Trump-era universe" and other social and literary circles.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy, of "Glee" and "American Horror Story" fame, described the show as an exploration of what he called the "universal quest" for identity, family and respect.
FX says the first season of "Pose" will include eight episodes. The show is scheduled to start production in February and debut in summer 2018.
- FX orders dance musical series 'Pose,' set in '80s New York
- Chico Creatives Perform Theater, Music and Dance For Free at Butcher Shop Event
- Midterm elections set stage for series of historic firsts
- Chico honors fallen officer after 80 years
- 80 FEMA Trailers Ready for Fire Evacuees
- Physical music sales surpass digital downloads of music in 2017
- Music Builds Community in Paradise
- Dancing deputy in Louisiana goes viral
- Damburger Celebrates 80 Years Serving the Redding Community
- Chico Couple 101-Years-Old and 80 Years of Marriage