PARKLAND, Fla. - The FBI is making changes to its tip-line protocols after criticism of the way it handled the shooting in Parkland, Florida, in February.
The FBI admitted that agents did receive a tip at the West Virginia center from someone who was close to Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old that killed 17 of his classmates and teachers in February's deadly shooting. The tip was apparently not relayed to the Miami, Florida, bureau.
Some changes that they are adding to the tip-line protocol is recognizing threat key words, adding more staff and training resources and adding a quality management team.
- FBI Improves Tip-Line Protocols
- Digital Spring Cleaning Tips
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Chico improves school safety amidst mass shootings
- Improvements to Skyway and Clark Intersection
- DMV Improves Website Services for Customers
- Lake Oroville State Recreation Area Improvements Underway
- Tips on moving forward after a tragedy
- CAL FIRE: Fire safety tips for Thanksgiving
- Some tips for returning those unwanted items