REDDING, Calif - Beer, alcohol, and wine.
Just a few things many people look for when heading downtown in Redding.
And soon "The Proper Hop", a new taproom, will be opening up on Tehama Street.
"I'm trying to stay skinny so beer is probably not going to help but I'm sure I'm not going to oppose it," said Redding resident David Fox.
The move comes as the city as Redding has been pushing to revitalize downtown with new businesses, apartments, and entertainment.
"This was exactly what we had in mind. How can we create and enviroment thats really excited and interesting to people that are visiting us," said Chamber of Commerce CEO Jake Mangas.
Action News Now met up with Mangas to learn more about how this taproom will help bring people to downtown.
"Bringing in this new taproom is going to add to that atmosphere that we really want to create in our downtown," said Mangas.
The chamber isn’t the only one excited about the move.
Residents and businesses alike say it will be nice to have a new kid on the block.
"This is the new happening place now. We've got new ideas we got new businesses and new concepts coming to downtown andw e are really excited about seeing that," said Final Draft Co-Owner Bart Haubtman.
Adding variety is always welcomed.
"Obviously I think variety is the spice of life but I'm sure I wouldn't oppose it," said Fox.
- Excitement Brewing in Downtown Redding
- Thieves Arrested in Downtown Redding
- Redding Teens Excited to Swim with U.S. Olympic Team
- Redding Sees Update to Downtown Specific Plan
- Restaurant Set to Open in Downtown Redding
- Roots Juice Bar Opens in Downtown Redding
- Suspected bike thieves arrested in Downtown Redding
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- 36th Annual lighted Christmas Parade in downtown Redding
- Wilda’s restaurant opens new location in Downtown Redding