REDDING, Calif. - The Exchange Club of Redding hosted its 15th Annual Firefighter and EMT of the Year Awards luncheon on Thursday.
Firefighters and EMT's from around Shasta County were honored at the Red Lion Hotel in Redding.
Action News Now spoke with one recipient from the Mountain Gate Fire Department about the moment she found out she was being honored.
"My fire chief came to me and said that I was the one that was nominated for "Firefighter Of The Year" and I said 'really?' and he said 'yes, it's you...'," said Karrie Walter. "I love my job. We all love our job or we wouldn't be here."
Jeremy Stoke was also posthumously awarded "Firefighter Of The Year" for the Redding Fire Department at the May 16 luncheon.
- Exchange club hosts annual firefighter, EMT awards
- Redding Police Department holds annual awards ceremony
- 4-H club hosts Orland ‘Bowl-A-Thon’
- Chico Women's Club hosts congressional candidate forum
- Shasta Kennel Club hosts inaugural dog show
- Paradise Shrine Club Hosts Free Medical Clinic
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo
- Lord's Gym hosts fifth-annual Mud Run
- West Africa Cultural Exchange at Chico State