RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - The ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright is fighting authorities' attempt to extradite her from California to Tennessee, where she's charged with killing him in 2010.
Sherra Wright made a very brief appearance Wednesday in Riverside County Superior Court. A judge explained that the only issue in her extradition is whether or not she's the person named in the arrest warrant out of Memphis.
She was told to return for a hearing Jan. 8.
Her attorney told the Desert Sun newspaper after the hearing that Wright is simply "exercising a right to go through the process."
Sherra Wright was arrested last week and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Lorenzen Wright, who played for five teams over 13 seasons as a forward and center in the NBA.
- Ex-wife of slain NBA player Wright is fighting extradition
- Ex-wife of NBA player charged with murder in 2010 death
- Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington pleads guilty in fraud case
- California to extradite escaped Hawaii psychiatric patient
- NBA opens investigation into Rockets-Clippers events
- It's Wright Brothers Day, marking first successful powered flights
- White supremacist gang leader slain in California prison
- Hundreds gather to honor those slain in FL school shooting
- Northern California officials identify 4 slain in household