MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say the ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright has been charged with first-degree murder in his death more than seven years ago.
Memphis Police Director Michael Rallings said Saturday that Sherra Wright faces charged in the death of her ex-husband, a Memphis native who played for five teams over 13 seasons as a forward and center in the NBA.
Police records show she was arrested in Riverside County, California on Friday night.
Wright's body was found in suburban Memphis on July 28, 2010 - 10 days after the 34-year-old was reported missing. He was shot multiple times. The seven-year investigation into his death has been one of the Memphis Police Department's most high-profile unsolved cases.
Billy R. Turner was indicted on a first-degree murder charge on Dec. 5 in Wright's death.
He has pleaded not guilty. Media reports have said he and Sherra Wright attended the same church.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-wife of NBA player charged with murder in 2010 death
- Ex-wife of slain NBA player Wright is fighting extradition
- Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington pleads guilty in fraud case
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Texas father charged with murder in death of Indian orphan
- NBA players are donating money to cover salaries of hourly workers amid suspended season
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Man Suspected of Murdering Wife
- Man convicted of murdering his wife, DA says
- NBA opens investigation into Rockets-Clippers events
- Charge dismissed against California man in wife's suicide