NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - A former U.S. Navy Seal has been sentenced for producing images of child sexual abuse.
News outlets quote a U.S. attorney's office statement as saying 32-year-old Gregory Kyle Seerden was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in prison, 25 years of supervised release, and fined $10,000 for producing images of child sexual abuse.
According to a statement of facts filed with the plea agreement, the investigation into Seerden began after a woman reported that he sexually assaulted her.
A digital forensic examiner found child pornography images after NCIS agents seized and searched Seerden's iPhone. Further analysis confirmed several images and videos of child pornography.
Seerden is also charged in San Diego. Court documents show the accusations involve a minor Seerden knew and the recording of sexual abuse involving the child on an iPhone.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Navy SEAL sentenced to 27 years in prison
- 3 prison officers sentenced to 15 years in inmate's death
- Chico Man Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison
- Grocery Store Robber Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison
- Yuba County man sentenced to 2 years in prison
- Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison
- Jersey Shore's Mike Sorrentino Begins Prison Sentence
- The New York Fire Department rejected a Navy SEAL for being too old. Now other fire departments are inviting him to apply
- Elk Grove man sentenced to 20 years in prison for $1m adult-adoption immigration fraud scheme
- Corning Man Sentenced to 38 Years to Life in Prison for Molestation