REDDING, Calif. - In the event of a natural disaster, the Red Cross has outlined an evacuation plan if residents need to evacuate from their homes.
The “Carr Fire” has prompted numerous people in Redding and western Shasta County to be prepared for an evacuation, Red Cross suggests to do this:
• Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants and sturdy shoes so you can be protected as much as possible.
• Take your disaster supplies kit.
• Take your pets with you; do not leave them behind. Because pets are not permitted in public shelters, follow your plan to go to a relative's or friend's home or find a "pet-friendly" hotel.
• Lock your home.
• Use travel routes specified by local authorities – don’t use shortcuts because certain areas may be impassable or dangerous
• Stay away from downed power lines
The “Carr Fire” burned Monday afternoon around the community of French Gulch and has exploded to nearly 29,000 acres during the week.
For more info about evacuating from your home click here.