HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Calif. - A Eureka mother has been sentenced to eight years in state prison for killing two teenagers while driving drunk, including her daughter.
Marci Kitchen was sentenced Tuesday, Sept. 18. She pleaded guilty to hitting two 14-year-old girls, including her daughter Kiya, more than two years ago. Prosecutors say Kitchen left the scene after the incident. She later claimed she thought she hit a deer, which the judge did not believe.
Kitchen's son testified that she asked him to lie about the incident and remove evidence from her car. Before her sentencing, Kitchen said she was sorry for what she did.
- Eureka Mother Sentenced for Killing Daughter in DUI Crash
- Escaped inmate found in Eureka
- Mother and daughter killed after crashing into a bear
- Eureka Approves On-Site Cannabis Consumption
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Eureka man wanted for exposing himself to juveniles
- DUI Sentencing Held at Orland High School
- Victims identified in Plumas County DUI crash that killed 3
- CSUC Nursing Student Killed in DUI Crash Remembered
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding