UPDATE: 3/30/2018 12:20 p.m.
Chico Calif.—The man involved in the incident has been identified as 20 year old Chico resident Kai Perrelli.
Perrelli will be charged with brandishing a weapon to a citizen and Peace Officer, resisting arrest, assault on a Peace Officer, and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Chico Calif.—On Wednesday March 28th Chico Police Officers were dispatched to a suspicious man on the 1800 block of East 8th Street.
The reports said that the man was acting erratic, screaming and could be holding a knife.
The man fled from the officer and then turned back and headed toward the officer.
The officer successfully deployed his department issued Taser and struck the man.
The Taser was able to keep the man incapacitated until further police officers arrived on scene and put the person in custody.
During the attempts to place the man in custody, he violently bit and resisted an officer.
The man had to be placed in a full body restraint system known as a WRAP because of his continued violence.
It was determined that the ma needed medical attention based on his behavior and was transported to a local hospital.
The man was admitted to the hospital due to health concerns.
He has not been identified at this time.
- Erratic Man gets Tasered and Fully Restrained by Police
- Anderson Police taser arson suspect at fire department
- Ex-trooper charged had other Taser misconduct
- Paradise man arrested again for violating restraining order
- Ferguson Fire is Fully contained
- Mendocino Complex Fire Fully Contained
- Butte Co. firefighters knockdown fully involved trailer
- DACA Should be Fully Restored: Federal Judge
- Paradise Fire Department is fully reopened
- Camp Fire survivor gifted fully refurbished car