LASSEN VOLCANIC NATIONAL PARK, Calif. - Lassen Volcanic National Park is seeing signs of spring, but lots of deep snow is still underfoot.
This winter's deeper than average snowpack is quickly disappearing from the Manzanita Lake area while the southwest area remains blanketed in 13 feet or more of snow.
Park employees say there is still plenty to see during National Park Week which kicks off on Saturday.
The entrance to Lassen Volcanic National Park and all other national park service sites is free on Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019.
This week visitors can hike a mostly snow-free loop around Manzanita or Reflection Lakes or enjoy snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Entrance to Lassen National Park is free
- Highway closed at Lassen Volcanic National park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park turns 103
- Services Affected by Government Shutdown at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lassen National Park closes trail due to bear activity
- Yosemite Restricts Park Access Through Southern Entrance
- Lassen National Forest needs their radios back
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Lassen National Forest to conduct control burn
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area launches sale on entrance pass online