Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women, accounting for more than 600,000 deaths in the United States every year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To shed light on the condition and in honor of American Heart Month, Enloe Medical Center will go live on Facebook in February.
The broadcast takes place on Feb. 22 at 11 a.m. Prajapathi Lakireddy, M.D., an interventional cardiologist from Enloe Cardiology Services, will discuss the symptoms of heart disease and how people can lower their risk.
He’ll also share what happens when people are diagnosed with the condition and talk about the services Enloe offers for them.
Dr. Lakireddy will also explain how the symptoms of heart disease can differ for men and women and go over the signs of a heart attack.
To watch the discussion, visit the medical center’s Facebook page.
- Enloe to talk heart health on Facebook
- Enloe to discuss diets and obesity on Facebook
- Enloe Medical Center Plans Expansion
- Redding Goes Red for Women's Heart Health
- Enloe Medical Center sheds light on Pancreatic Cancer with Facebook live event
- Enloe: 2 patients remain hospitalized, 3 released
- Enloe Medical Center Debuts 'Wall of Hope'
- Enloe Medical Center Free Flu Vaccinations
- Enloe and Blue Cross Continue Contract Negotiations
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo