CHICO, Calif., Jan. 16, 2018 – Enloe Medical Center will go live on Facebook in January to help unravel misunderstandings about diets and obesity. At a time when millions of Americans resolve to hit the gym and get fit, a local bariatric surgeon will give tips on achieving a healthy weight, and one of his patients will share her experiences.
The event goes live Jan. 25 at 11 a.m., when Erik Simchuk, M.D., a surgeon with Enloe’s Bariatric Program, shares why diets don’t work, the misconceptions of obesity and more. Viewers will also hear from Julie Edsill, one of Dr. Simchuk’s former patients, who lost more than 100 pounds.
“Lots of people struggle with their weight,” he said. “They may try diet after diet, and not realize that’s not the right approach, or they may not understand what a healthy weight is for them. We hope to shed some light on these topics and leave folks with tools they can use for a healthy 2018.”
Dr. Simchuk will also address bariatric surgery and when it is appropriate for weight management. He’ll tell viewers what weight-loss surgery entails and how it can help the overall well-being of the right candidate, like Edsill. Before her surgery, she was depressed, unable to walk without pain and could not breathe without wheezing. “Now I am able to hike, dance and play with my grandchildren again,” she said. “I love the woman that I am today.”
Attendees are encouraged to participate by posting their questions in the comments field when they tune in live.
Once the broadcast concludes, a recording of it will be available on Enloe’s Facebook page in the “Videos” section and on Enloe’s YouTube Channel
- Enloe to discuss diets and obesity on Facebook
- Enloe to talk heart health on Facebook
- Enloe Medical Center Plans Expansion
- Enloe patient's experience during shutdown
- Enloe Medical Center sheds light on Pancreatic Cancer with Facebook live event
- Enloe: 2 patients remain hospitalized, 3 released
- Enloe Medical Center Debuts 'Wall of Hope'
- Enloe Medical Center Free Flu Vaccinations
- Enloe and Blue Cross Continue Contract Negotiations
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo