Chico, Calif.-- People came together Saturday to improve on their health and wellness - and had a great time doing it.
Enloe's annual Community Wellness Expo included free flu shots and health screenings, a Kids' Activity Zone, and a "drug take-back" for people to get rid of medications they're not using anymore.
"Poverty is a big contributor to poor health, so giving people opportunities to increase their education level, get better jobs, really helps them to get out of that cycle of poverty and have a better health outcome as a result," Deanna Squires, Community Outreach Director for Enloe Medical Center.
A big focus this year was to encourage people to take a look at the environmental and social conditions that are impacting their health.
The main goal of the event is to asnure that everyone has access to the care and education they need to live a healthy life.
- Family Fun at Enloe Wellness Expo
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo
- Enloe Medical Center Plans Expansion
- Enloe: 2 patients remain hospitalized, 3 released
- Enloe to talk heart health on Facebook
- Enloe Medical Center Debuts 'Wall of Hope'
- Enloe Medical Center Free Flu Vaccinations
- Enloe and Blue Cross Continue Contract Negotiations
- Enloe Vs. Anthem Blue Cross : What's Next?
- Enloe unveils Robotic Surgery Services Program