Two Chico pilots had to make an emergency landing on Saturday after a bird strike.
It happened around 6:45, Saturday night.
According to the pilot, who was earning nighttime flying hours with a flight instructor, they struck a duck at 3,500 feet over Durham.
The bird broke the windshield and hit the pilot, but he's uninjured.
He turned the plane around and came back to the Chico airport.
- Emergency landing at the Chico airport
- Plane Carrying Rapper Post Malone Lands Safely Following Emergency Landing
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Aircraft with Low Oil Pressure Safely Lands at Redding Airport
- Simplicity Village Secures Land in Chico
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- Small plane makes emergency landing on busy Southern California freeway
- US Russian Astronauts Abandon Mission and Make Emergency Landing
- Catastrophic Emergency Forum in Chico Tuesday
- Chico City Council to Talk Emergency Shelters