UPDATE: Tuesday, 3:38 p.m. - Highway 273 has reopened in both directions at Pleasant Hills Drive in Anderson. Traffic is returning to normal following the collision.
Anderson police said they got a call around 1:30 p.m. saying a sedan crashed into a propane tank near an Arco Gas Station. Workers at Arco were evacuated.
ANDERSON, Calif. - Highway 273 is currently closed to northbound and southbound traffic at Pleasant Hills Drive due to a vehicle collision with a propane tank.
Caltrans is asking that people avoid the area.
Action News Now is working to get the latest developments.
- Highway 273 reopens after collision involving propane tank
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Victim identified in Deadly Highway 273 Crash
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Redding Man Charged with Murder after Shooting near Highway 273
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Traffic cleared, 4 hospitalized after crash on Highway 273
- Overnight deadly Highway 273 crash in Redding, Victim identified
- Crash closes southbound lanes of Highway 273 in Redding