From her Paradise home eight-year-old Addison Lico has been busy at her sewing machine making what have become known as "Addy's Angel Pillows."
It was just eight months ago she took a sewing class with her grandmother, and it was clear Addy was a natural. She has done nothing but cut down the time it takes her to produce a full blown pillow. "I started at 32 minutes, and then today I probably had about five minutes," said Addy.
Since July Addy has turned out over a 110 pillows in her spare time. But the pillows with her label aren't for sale.
Rather she produces the pillows for the less fortunate in the community.
"I started making a whole bunch of pillows for my friends and then me amy grandma said maybe we can make a whole bunch of pillows for kids who don't have any," said Addy.
In time for the holiday season, this week we went along as Addy and her family made a special delivery at the Torres Shelter in Chico.
"I had goose bumps, I really did," said Bill Slack, the supervisor of the Torres Shelter.
Slack isn't alone in being taken aback by the generosity of Addy. Those closest to her are also in awe.
"It just amazing to me that she cares so much and that she would just come and sew..sew..sew her heart out for people she doesn't even know," said Addy's grandmother Johnnie Moore.
Ask Addy why she has been working so hard behind the sewing machine; her answer can't help but melt your heart.
"Cause I wanted to be kind to other people."
- Human Kindness Series: 3rd grader donates handmade pillows
- Suspicious Pillow ad investigation continues
- Boy with Autism Sells Handmade Birdhouses at Durham Harvest Festival
- Group Gives Away Handmade Quilts to Camp Fire Evacuees
- Suspicious pillow ad confirmed false, District Attorney Mike Ramsey says
- February 3rd Weathercast
- Local Realtors donate to Habitat for Humanity
- Human Kindness: Student Credits Bidwell Jr. Teacher Dan Linville for Success
- Retirement Community in Redding makes Donation to Haven Humane
- Rachael Ray Foundation donates $100K to Butte Humane Society