REDDING, Calif. - Eight $1,000 grants will be awarded to performing arts venues and groups in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Tehama counties, according to the Community Foundation of the North State.
The awards are an acknowledgment of the impact of COVID-19 on the performing arts.
Theaters receiving grants include:
- The Jefferson Center for the Arts (Siskiyou County)
- Siskiyou Performing Arts Center (Siskiyou County)
- Cascade Theater (Shasta County)
- Axiom Repertory Theater (Shasta County)
- Riverfront Playhouse (Shasta County)
- Advance Redding/Redding Civic Auditorium (Shasta County)
- State Theater for the Arts (Tehama County)
- City of Corning for Rogers Theater (Tehama County)
The COVID-19 relief fund was created by the Community Foundation in March 2020 through donations from local businesses, people in the community and regional charitable donations.
The total aid distributed by COVID-19 Relief Funds is $621,575 including the eight grants.