SUNNYVALE, Calif. - Authorities said a driver seems to have deliberately hit eight victims Tuesday evening with a vehicle in Sunnyvale.
“Some of the (witness) statements are that the vehicle didn’t try to brake or slow down,” said Jim Choi, Chief of the Sunnyvale DPS. “That the vehicle was speeding and went directly into the crowd.”
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m.
One of the victims was a 13-year-old boy.
There is also no known motive of the attack.
Sunnyvale police say it is "too early to rule out the possibility of a terrorist attack."
Investigators are not releasing the conditions of the victims.
Police took the suspect into custody after the car smashed into a tree.
- 8 hospitalized after driver hits group of pedestrians in Sunnyvale
- Pedestrian Hit and Killed on Highway 99
- Pedestrian hit and kill on I-5 in Redding
- Uber Self-Driving Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian in Arizona
- UPDATE: 10 People Dead after van hits Pedestrians in Toronto
- Chico Police Investigating after Pedestrian Hit by Car
- Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Hit and Run at Orland School
- Driver hospitalized after rollover crash in Chico
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Drivers, Pedestrians Be on the Lookout: Train Coming to Hamilton City