CHICO, Calif. - Chico officials announced the completion of the Eaton Road Extension Project which connects Marigold Avenue and the Manzanita Avenue roundabout at Wildwood Park.
The new connection provides direct access between northwest and northeast Chico. Officials said it will also ease traffic congestion on East Avenue and provide additional access to Upper Bidwell Park.
Some project elements include:
New roadway construction and striping
Buffered bike lanes
Sidewalk and sewer installation
Street lighting and landscaping
Funding for the project came from an accumulation of local developers and the city of Chico.
For more information on the project, please call the City's Engineering Division at 530-879-6900.
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- 3-Car Crash Causes Chico’s Eaton Road to be Closed
- Meeting set to discuss proposed Eaton Road Roundabout
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Authorities investigating 2-car crash on Highway 99, Eaton Saturday
- Alton Facciuto: Extensive criminal history
- Bay Bridge Demolition Complete
- Drainage issues cause extensive flooding in Palermo
- Completed downtown roundabout project hints at what is to come for future construction plans