CHICO, Calif. - A Chico woman accused in a deadly DUI crash has pleaded not guilty to a felony manslaughter.
The Butte County District Attorney says Emery May Sweany entered the plea yesterday in court.
She is accused of killing Virgil Santos in a crash on East Avenue on April 13.
Police say Sweany ran a red light while intoxicated.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 9.
- Woman accused of East Avenue DUI crash enters plea
- Nord Avenue stabbing suspect to enter plea
- Vehicle Crashes Into Multiple Homes on East Avenue
- Woman Pleads to Deadly DUI Crash
- Motorcycle Crashes on Mangrove Avenue
- Chico woman arrested for DUI after three-car crash
- Woman injured in suspected DUI crash in Willows
- POLICE: Woman arrested for DUI crash, killing 13-year-old boy
- DUI crash leaves 6 injured, including children
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash