HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Calif. - A series of earthquakes have been hitting Humboldt County with tremors hitting late Saturday night into Sunday night.
The U.S. Geological Survey said five earthquakes hit just off the coast of Petrolia which is about 10 miles south of Cape Mendocino.
The series of quakes started with a 2.8 magnitude earthquake at 4 a.m. on Sunday.
The biggest so far was a 4.7 magnitude quake that hit Sunday night at 10 p.m.
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities
- Pair of earthquakes rattle San Jose area
- Large earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
- Swarm of small earthquakes rattles the East Bay
- Weeks after a deadly earthquake, Puerto Rico is rattled again
- White House chaos rattles markets
- Earthquake Concerns
- 6.4 quake rattles Southern California and Nevada