CHICO, Calif - One man in possession of meth has been arrested after he allegedly broke into a home and stole numerous items, early Tuesday morning.
According to Chico police, Officer Rush responded to a burglary call just after 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Hazel and Eleventh streets, when a resident told Rush that she was burglarized when she slept.
The stolen items included:
• Credit cards
• A laptop computer
• Other electronics
Throughout the morning, the victim learned that one of her stolen credit cards was being used in a downtown Chico business, which prompted Rush to respond to the area and review video surveillance.
In the video, the suspect can be seen using the victim’s credit card and leaving the store after making a fraudulent purchase, according to CPD.
The officer then left the business and caught a glimpse of the suspect around the downtown area, but was not able to arrest the suspect the first time, due to heavy traffic.
Another attempted arrest was made just a few blocks away from the business and police located 33-year-old Dennis Iniguez, who was still in possession of the stolen credit cards along with an ounce of methamphetamine, according to CPD.
Iniguez then told officers that he was concerned about the property he had left on the south side of One Mile Recreation Area in Lower Bidwell Park, which prompted officers to go there to collect Inguiez’ property.
Officers discovered the victim’s stolen property inside Inguiez’ backpack.
- Early morning burglary leads to one man arrested in possession of meth
- Man arrested for meth sales in Quincy
- Two Arrested During Chico Traffic Stop for Meth Possession and Sales
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash
- Redding Man Arrested for Possession of Stolen Property
- Orland woman arrested for narcotics possession
- Early morning high speed chase leads to 2 arrests in Chico
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested