COTTONWOOD, Calif. - At 2:55 a.m. Sunday, the driver of a Toyota pick-up was killed by a suspected drunk driver. The crash happened on the off-ramp from I-5 to South Main Street.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of Mazda was from Fresno, California was under the influence when they hit a truck on the off-ramp killing the driver.
The impact of the crash threw the driver of that pick-up from the vehicle. That driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Neither driver has been identified and the suspected drunk driver sustained only minor injuries.
The driver of the Mazda has been booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Early Morning Fatal D.U.I. Crash in Cottonwood
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood Teen Dies Following Deadly Crash
- Small Plane Makes Crash Landing in Cottonwood
- New details in Redding double-fatal DUI crash
- Victim Identified in Cottonwood Housefire
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- DUI crash leaves 6 injured, including children
- Woman Pleads to Deadly DUI Crash