CHICO, Calif. - A local Boy Scout is taking part in a philanthropic community project by making sure a new flagpole is erected at the Wyatt Taylor Memorial Field in Chico.
Robbie Foster is a member of Troop 3. His troop memberscame out on Saturday to help with his Eagle project.
The flagpole will be 30 feet high and near Field 3 which is named after Wyatt Taylor. He passed away in 2016 from leukemia.
The field is home to Chico's East Side Little Leaguers, but will also open their doors to baseball players affected by the Camp Fire.
Foster said, "Many kids up in Paradise don't have fields to play here, so they're coming to Chico East Side,"
"It's important the field looks good for them, so we can all have fun and play baseball," he added.
They hope to have the flagpole installed by Monday which is well before opening day in March.
- Eagle Scout beautifies Chico baseball field to welcome Paradise players
- Bethel Students Help Beautify Redding
- Keller Williams beautifies Theater on the Ridge
- Paradise High Football Returns: The Field
- Berry-picking time for Chico Boy Scouts
- Dozens of Volunteers Help Beautify Butte Humane Society
- Volunteers Beautify Bidwell Park by Removing Tons of Trash
- New baseball field in the works at Paradise Junior & Senior High
- Riverhawks Deliver 9K for Paradise Baseball
- ESPN documentary shows Paradise Bobcats' return to the field