EBT card users will not be able to use their cards or access their cash benefits this weekend.
The state of California is switching to a brand new EBT vendor, which will create a period of time where users won't be able to use their benefits.
The good news is that the system will only be down for a 24-hour period.
Users will not be able to access their EBT food or cash benefits during the 24-hour period, starting at 11PM (6/23) Saturday night through 11PM (6/24) Sunday.
Butte County's Administration wants cardholders to plan ahead to ensure they don't get caught off guard.
"If families are planning on going grocery shopping this week with their EBT card, do that on Saturday rather than on Sunday." said Butte Co. PIO Callie Lutz, "If you go on Sunday, the card won't work and we'd hate for families being out there trying to get their groceries and not be able to do so."
Lutz says this will effect about 20,000 people in Butte County.
The EBT website and customer service helpline will also be down during the outage.
- EBT Card Blackout Set For This Weekend
- PG&E announces wildfire blackout plan
- Carr Fire Residents May Now Get EBT Benefits
- PG&E tells customers: Prepare for blackouts
- PG&E introduces high-fire danger blackout plan
- Getting prepared for a PG&E blackout
- Thousands still stranded after blackout at ATL airport
- PG&E blackout plan approved by Public Utilities Commission
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- CARD Movies in the Park Start Saturday