CHICO, Calif. - Dutch Bros Coffee says one of its Chico employees tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday.
The chain said on July 3, an employee of the Humboldt Avenue stand tested positive and was told to self-isolate.
Before getting their positive results, the employee worked the evening shifts on 6/28 and 6/29.
"We learned of the positive case on Friday, 7/3 and immediately started closing procedures," the chain said in a statement. "As an extra precaution, the location [underwent] a third-party deep clean overnight."
The chain said they are also working with public health officials to make sure their protocols are meeting and exceeding expectations.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Dutch Bros says they have taken the following steps to prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Enforced increased hand-washing and sanitizing
- Temporarily suspended the use of personal mugs at our drive-thrus
- Temporarily closed walk-ins and walk-ups to focus exclusively on serving through our drive-thru windows
- Instituted a cashless payment system, eliminating unnecessary touchpoints between customers and broistas
- Instituted mask policies to align with updated CDC recommendations