Durham, Calif. -- Today, a tradition more than 100 years in the making: the annual May Day Parade.
Marching bands, classic cars, tractors, and floats filled the streets.
The girl scouts, member of the FFA and the volunteer fire department all marched proudly in front of a crowd of about a thousand people.
Miss Gold Nugget came out too to represent the community on the ridge.
The whole event was followed by a picnic in Durham Park.
- Durham's May Day Parade draws a crowd
- Putt 4 Paws Tournament Draws Large Crowd
- San Francisco mayor's race draws big names, crowded field
- Bill to expand California rent control draws huge crowds
- Cat stuck in tree for 5 days in Durham
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Benefit for Durham teen battling cancer
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Solo Crash Leaves Durham Man Hospitalized
- Children Injured in Durham Hit and Run