Photo Gallery 4 Images
CHICO, Calif. - A semi-truck fall of soil fell over and blocked both lanes of northbound Highway 99 just past the Eaton Road off-ramp just before 2 p.m. Saturday.
Traffic was diverted and moved past on the shoulder of the highway while both lanes were closed and crews worked the scene.
Chico Fire worked to rescue the driver who was pinned under the vehicle.
The driver reported minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.
CHP said the driver lost control and they are looking into what may have distracted him.
Chp said the driver should be okay.
- Dump Truck rollover blocks both lanes on northbound Highway 99
- Crash blocking lane of Southbound Highway 99 south of Chico
- Rollover Crash Causes Delays on Highway 99
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Overturned semi-truck blocking both lanes of southbound Highway 99, driver arrested
- Three Car Pileup Slows Down Northbound Highway 99
- Big-rig crash closes northbound lanes on Highway 99 in Chico
- California Highway Patrol Investigating Rollover Crash on Highway 99
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Big rig crashes into Highway 32 overpass, slows northbound Highway 99 traffic